How to configure Taxamo
Taxamo provides a real-time Software as a Service (SaaS) solution for compliance with the new 2015 EU VAT rules on the sale of e-services. You can learn more about Taxamo pricing here http://www.taxamo.com/pricing/
To get started, sign up for a free account at Taxamo here: https://dashboard.taxamo.com/app/v1/merchants/virtual
Create your password and confirm your email address.
Next, visit your Taxamo Dashboard here https://dashboard.taxamo.com/merchant/app.html#/dashboard
At the top of the page click “API Tokens” to retrieve your production access tokens. You will need the public token and Private token.
Navigate to https://manage.cart66.com/ and click on "Tax Rates." Next, click on “Taxamo." There you will enter the 2 keys and click "Update Settings.”
Test Mode vs Live Mode
Its important to note that there are 2 sets of keys and 2 modes at Taxamo. There is a test key and a live key. And there is a Live Mode and and a Test Mode. By default and until you complete all of the steps below, your account will be in Test mode and you are required to use the Test key. Once you complete the steps below and enable live mode, enter the Live key.
To complete the integration for Cart66 Cloud there are a few more more steps
- On the product admin page there is a new option to specify the *product type under each product as seen here http://cl.ly/ZQ8A. Be sure to complete this step for each product in your store that this applies to.
- If you sell subscriptions and want to charge tax on the recurring payments, navigate to the Cart66 Cloud settings page (https://manage.cart66.com/settings) and there is a flag for Tax Subscription Charges as seen here http://cl.ly/ZQ5h
Be sure to check that box if you want to collect taxes on subscription charges.
Once you complete the above steps there are a few more steps Taxamo you need to complete.
- Login to the Taxamo dashboard and complete your “Business Details” here https://dashboard.taxamo.com/merchant/app.html#/account/details
- Complete the settings page here that best pertain to your business (its always best to consult with an accountant when in doubt) https://dashboard.taxamo.com/merchant/app.html#/account/settings
- Once you complete the above steps be sure to put Taxamo into Live mode by enabling it in the top left hand corner of your Taxamo Dashboard.
If you have any questions or concerns please open a support ticket with your details.